In order to increase generation of electricity and to save water without consuming
fossil fuel resources, harvesting the required energy from the sun is the way out which POLYPHEM is concerned about.
The POLYPHEM project suggests to develop a solar technology for clean power and process heat generation. The main strategic targets of POLYPHEM addressing environmental issues are the following:
- To increase electricity generation based on Concentrated Solar Power (CSP).
- To develop Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems.
- To supply Green technologies.
- To develop integrated energy solutions.
- To use desalination in order to increase water availability.
- To contribute to sustainable agricultural and food production.
- To allow environmental savings by reducing CO2 emissions.